My bookshelf

My Bookshelf (Most current read on the left)

Musing- Current Read: Torment by Lauren Kate

I can't help but feel as I'm reading this book that the plot line is very similar to Twilight.  (which I adore)



Ways they're similar:

Luce, like Bella, is a frail girl who is starting her first day at a new school- when she sees him, dark and mysterious across the cafeteria....
Luce and Daniel star crossed lovers
Daniel whisks her away to safety constantly... because there's constant danger.  Constantly.
There's an evil Jacob, and his name is Cam.
The girls are just as superficial.

Ways they're different:

Daniel is an Angel, not a Vampire
Daniel doesn't sparkle, but he does have other crazy powers, and big wings...
The writing is sub par.
The characters are poorly developed (say what you want about Twilight, but I fell in love with the characters)

hmmm.  unsure about where this series is going...

No comments:

Post a Comment