My bookshelf

My Bookshelf (Most current read on the left)

Musing: Re-reading.... good or bad?

Sometimes, I think it is very good to re-read a book.  Sometimes you do it for something familiar, sometimes you just do it for fun.  I mostly re-read books when another in the series is coming out, or if they're releasing a movie about it... {cough... cough... Twilight... cough...}  I have re-read the entire Twilight series prior to the release of the movies, which means that I have read these four books, plus midnight sun, four times.  I plan on reading them again before the second part of the last one comes out in November.  I think with this series, I feel compelled to read them again, to fall in love with the characters again, to feel how the book made me feel, so that when I go see the movie, I won't be horribly disappointed by the terrible acting or production qualities, that I can hold close the way that I felt when I read the books.

Now, that's not to say that there aren't times when re-reading books can't be wholly for pleasure, and that is the case with the books that I am re-reading right now.  I was flopping about looking for something to read, and for those who know me, know that I read every day.... If I don't have a book to read, I go a little stir crazy.  And sometimes, I just don't feel like trying to figure out what sort of mood I'm in, so I go back to my "comfy shelf" which is filled with books that I could pick up at any time and be happy that I did.  So this time, I flopped to my shelf and I stumbled upon Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...  and oh how I love this series.  They're bizarre, and they're funny, and you'll find yourself laughing and acting out the parts in your head.  It's so easy to picture the craziness, and if you've seen the movie, it's even better, as the movie brings it to life in such an amazing way.  I've seen both the BBC version of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, as well as the more recent US movie release, and let me just say our version does a much better job. 

So I'm reading it, at least for now, I'm not sure that I'll finish the entire series, but I'll at least read this first book, just because it's a go-to on my "comfy shelf"...

No comments:

Post a Comment